Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The rainbow that was there (a very very short story)



Why are you so scornful of rainbow, they ask me. I tell them that I too had a rainbow sheltering me from heat and storm of the day, a beautiful face, some handsome men, some good men- two good men to be precise- no, one good man actually, and then he left, my father died along the road, my mother went away, and  I was with wine whole day. But it was an opportunist like you. It consumed me more than I consumed it. And now at the end of the road, I sit here before a mirror and talk to you about myself, about yourself. I wish I had talked to you at the other end. My rainbow would have still been there I guess.


-Ritesh Agarwal

email: ritzy182000@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. "It consumed me more than I consumed it."-- i liked it.
    And the rainbow of 2015 disappears here to bloom more vibrantly in 2016.
    Kudos!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, now that you have taken the trouble to go through my post, feel free to pen a few words- review, criticism or the much-loved adulation!

Share please

How many stars?