Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dream destination of a delinquent dreamer



Copyright- Ritesh


Picking up one dream destination is tough (since I have many dreams and hence many destinations in my dreams ;) ), but if I am asked to pick just one for 2014, it has to be Goa. Not because everybody keeps talking about it or because it is GOA, but because I dreamt of it (yes I actually dreamt of it) and in my dreams I had a virtual tour of this place.

A quote by a famous literary character goes as, “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live,” but then we are talking dream destination, right?

So, GOA it is.

Now, the best way to travel is to travel smart (incidentally, that is also the cheapest way to travel).

So, when do I go?

Though December-January is the best time to go to Goa, being a smart traveler that I am, I will plan the trip in the off-season. Somewhere between April and September should help me save a lot of 100-rupee notes. Besides, I know how to book my hotel online (in advance) so as to avail the highest discounts. Skyscanner.co.in is one portal which has been making a lot of waves. It rides on heavy brand-value, reputation and word-of-mouth publicity. I can easily book my flights and hotel rooms from here in advance and save cool bucks. The cherry on the cake is that Skyscanner is also going to help me to rent cars (after all, I intend to do a lot of sightseeing and go click-click with my pocket-burning Nikon camera).

Now, you may ask, why Goa?
I say, why not GOA?

It’s a place where there are over 40 beaches.

Copyright- Ritesh



It’s a place where there are sports…

Copyright- Ritesh



And  romance

Copyright- Ritesh



And ahem…hot women  ;)

Copyright-Ritesh


And sunsets…

Copyright- Ritesh



Nobel-prize winning literary genius Rabindranath Tagore used to sing, “Jodi tor gaan shune keu naa aashey tobe eklaa cholo re”. Roughly translated it means ‘if nobody comes calling at your song, then walk alone.’

So, my Goa trip is going to be a solo holiday

Where I can do things my own way (the smart way) without any protests and disapprovals…

Where I can dip my legs in the sand...


Copyright- Ritesh



Where I can play with kids....

Copyright- Ritesh



Where I can photograph beach dogs...

Copyright- Ritesh




Where I can visit the Basilica of Bom Jesus....

Copyright- Ritesh



Where I can sink into prawns and lobsters…

Copyright- Ritesh


 Where I can meet new people.....

Copyright- Ritesh




And where I can discover life, discover myself, discover the child within me….

Copyright- Ritesh





[This travelogue has been written for the travel portal and price-comparing site  Skyscanner.co.in in association with IndiBlogger.in]


Note: All photographs are mine





14 comments:

  1. NIce to see u have put original pics.. .lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and nicely written... Good luck for contest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos Ritesh...all the best with the contest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed solid reasons to visit Goa. I was there long long back during my analog days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indrani, you have been to almost every corner in the country :P

      Delete
  5. Yes, Goa always ! I love beaches and I love Goa. It's one place I can visit year after year :)

    All the best for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even i love beaches dear Prasoon...thanks for the visit and wishes

      Delete
  6. Yes indeed Akshada. Thank for dropping by. Wish you 10 Goa trips :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...good images. btw you are a good photographer. do let me know what you think of my post - http://parthasadhukhan.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/five-things-i-cant-miss-in-malayasia/

    ReplyDelete

Oh, now that you have taken the trouble to go through my post, feel free to pen a few words- review, criticism or the much-loved adulation!

Share please

How many stars?