Saturday, October 27, 2012

Don’t kill me, I pray to thou



The sun is over my heaving breast, about to sink into me
The conch shells I can hear afar, seems they are coming for me
Will this be the night when I die
And will the breeze carry my final sigh
Today is Dashami, the end of a fest
It surely is time to put the Goddess to rest
All these years, I was her grave
But I am now ailing, peace is what I crave
My arms are shrinking, shriveled is my bed
The belly of the country, I have always fed
But the nation’s thirst how will I fulfill
After my own sons go for the kill



Author’s Note: The above poem has been penned to highlight the atrocity committed by humanity on the Ganga river during immersion of Durga idols


4 comments:

  1. thanksssssss revacious......I like the owl in ur picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganges our holy river is now no more holy because we have made her a dump yard, you so brightly echo her sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, now that you have taken the trouble to go through my post, feel free to pen a few words- review, criticism or the much-loved adulation!

Share please

How many stars?